Skip To Main Content

Parent Request for Educational Records

Yuma Union High School District values being transparent with our families. For parents and legal guardians who need to fill out a Parent Request for Educational Records form, per HB 2161. Please complete the requisite form and follow the steps below.  

  • The form must be printed, completed, and submitted in person to the district office (3150 S. Avenue A).
  • A valid government-issued identification will be required to verify you are the parent or legal guardian of the student for whom records are requested.
  • Requests will be fulfilled within 10 calendar days.
  • You will be notified via the phone number you provided when the records are available.
  • You will pick up the requested records at the district office.
  • A valid government-issued identification will be required to release the records. 

CLICK FOR Parent Request for Educational Records Form

Other Records Requests

For requests related to Special Education Records, please contact Student Services Registrar Patricia Rosales at (928) 502-6755 or visit the YUHSD Student Services Department webpage

For public records requests, please complete this form and return it to the YUHSD District Office. For questions regarding public records requests, contact Chief Communications Officer Eric Patten at (928) 502-4676. 

Parents' Right to Know

In accordance with the Elementary and Secondary Act (ESEA), parents have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of their child's teacher.  Specifically, parents can request the following:

  • Whether the teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
  • Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or substitute status.
  • The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
  • Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.


ADE Parental Rights Handbook

Parental rights handbook graphic